Residents discount on flights increases from 50% to 75% this June!

Written by on May 30, 2018

Travel discount for residents on the Islands to increase from 50% to 75%!

As from 29 June the Ministry of Public Works will apply a 75% subsidy to air fares for passengers residing in the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands flying within Spain after the General State Budget Act for 2017 was published in the Official State Gazette (BOE).

On all flights between the islands and the mainland the subsidy will rise from 50% to 75% of the air fare in order to facilitate access to air travel by their residents.

The subsidy on travel by sea will also increase, from 25% to 50%. This subsidy, in combination with the additional 25% subsidised by the Balearic and Canary Island governments, means that passengers can now benefit from a 75% discount off the price of their sea tickets, which matches the air transport discount.

Over the last few weeks, the Ministry of Public Works has held a series of working meetings with the airlines, shipping companies and ticket booking systems to make the implementation of this measure possible from the first day the law comes into effect.

Tagged as

Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Current track
Title
Artist